So we’ve done brownie cookies… how about brownie muffins?! These are quite fun, with a crackly top and squidgy, fudgy inside. They do sink on standing, but don’t worry, that’s what makes the insides so delicious.
100g butter or baking spread
100g dark chocolate
60g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
pinch of salt
150g granulated or caster sugar
50g chocolate chunks for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and line your muffin tin with cases.
- Pop your chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of simmering water. Melt, stirring occasionally. Alternatively, give it 30 second blasts in the microwave, stirring between each one.
- Whilst your chocolate and butter are melting, whisk your eggs and sugar together on a high speed for four minutes, until they are thick.
- Measure out the flour, cocoa and salt and mix.
- Add your chocolate mixture to the eggs and sugar mixture and reduce speed to low, mixing until combined.
- Fold in the flour mix carefully.
- Use your trusty ice cream scoop to divide the mixture into your cake cases. Fill each to about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle on your extra chocolate chunks.
- Bake for around 15 minutes. They should still be slightly wobbly, but not completely raw!
- Remove from the oven and let them cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Then remove to a cooling rack and eat!
Adapted from Pretty. Simple. Sweet