I know I say most of my bakes are super easy, but I’m not sure these could get much easier! With equal amounts of only five ingredients boshed in a bowl in five steps and mixed up into delicious treats, this is the perfect bake for any time you need cake fast. Which is always…
Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
100g baking spread or butter, softened
100g caster sugar
100g self raising flour
100g plain chocolate, chunked
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C fan/Gas Mark 5 and line a muffin tin with 12 silicone or paper cases.
- Pop your butter, sugar, eggs and flour into a bowl and beat for a few minutes until combined, smooth, light and fluffy.
- Stir in your chocolate chunks.
- Divide the mixture between your cake cases and whack them in the oven for around 25 minutes, until they’re golden and risen.
- Cool in the tin and then move to a cooling rack.
Add 1/2 tsp of orange extract and the zest of one orange for gorgeous orange chocolate chip treats!
And you can always frost them with a delicious chocolate orange buttercream or ganache! I like them naked though!