Hooray! A no-bake traybake! I love just mixing up a cake and slamming it in the fridge, it’s so quick and easy. This one does require some sticky melting and mixing, but it’s a fun one! Great for parties – chop them into bite-size morsels!
Crispy Tiffin Squares
90g rice crispies
200g dark chocolate
1 tbsp golden syrup
100g Golden Oreos or other sandwich biscuits
- Line an 8″ square baking tin with baking paper or reusable liner.
- Melt the marshmallows and butter in a large saucepan over a low heat. Keep stirring and moving the mixture around the saucepan so it doesn’t burn until it’s all meted together in a smooth mixture.
- Pour in your rice crispies and quickly mix so that they are covered in the marshmallow mixture.
- Tip in the marshmallowy crispies into your baking tin and press down to make a nice, even, firm layer, then leave it to set.
- Pop your dark chocolate, butter and golden syrup into a bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt together, stirring to combine.
- Chop the biscuits into really small chunks, but not so small that they’re just crumbs!
- Add the biscuit bits to the chocolate mixture along with the raisins and combine.
- Pour the chocolate tiffin mixture over the rice crispy layer and spread out evenly.
- Pop the whole thing into he fridge and leave to chill and set for an hour or so.
- Once it’s set, you can cut into squares – as big or small as you like! It’s easier to cut when it’s cold, so I recommend doing this straight away, as soon as it’s out of the fridge, even if you’re not planning on devouring the whole thing straight away (although it won’t last long!)
Adapted from ‘Traybakes’ by Hannah Miles