These beauties are like a big comforting chocolatey hug. Packed with chocolate chunks and nibbly oats, they’re a dream to eat and easy to whip up a batch quickly.
Double Chocolate Chip Oaty Cookies
115g butter or baking spread
115g light brown sugar
100g rolled oats
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g plain flour
1 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g plain chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and line two baking trays with baking paper or reusable liner.
- Beat your butter and sugar together using an hand or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Crack in the egg and combine.
- Add the oats, milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Pop in your flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix, watching out for those flour clouds!!
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a trigger scoop, divide your mixture into 12 and press down with a fork or spatula.
- Bake for 15 minutes until they’re risen and slightly firm on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool on your trays for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Eat warm!
Adapted from Chocolate Treats, published by Parragon Books.