I’m a sucker for Nutella. There’s nothing quite as satisfying as sitting down with a pile of breadsticks and a jar of the stuff, such a guilty pleasure! The colour and flavour of this brownie all comes from just the Nutella, there’s no added cocoa or chocolate, apart from the chunks inside. Add some serious Nutella swirls on top as well, they add a delicious Nutellary kick. If you’re a Nutella fan, you have to try this, it’s heavenly!
70g baking spread or butter
100g light brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
100g plain flour
100g dark chocolate chunks
Nutella for swirling on top
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160/gas mark 4 and line an 8 inch square tin with baking paper or reusable non stick liner.
- Pop your baking spread/butter in a bowl and beat on a high speed with a hand or stand mixer for about a minute, until it’s light and smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat again until it’s combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat at a medium speed until its nicely mixed together.
- Chuck in the Nutella and salt and combine.
- Mix in the flour at a lower speed.
- Stir in your chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into your tin and spread out so it’s even.
- Take a few small teaspoons of Nutella and dot them in rows on top of your brownie – about nine blobs.
- Using a knife, swirl them in – not too much, just so the blobs spread a little.
- Pop it in the oven for 30-35 minutes. Remember, brownies are best a little wobbly!
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin before moving to a cooling rack.
- Cut into nine large pieces and enjoy that Nutella goodness!
Adapted from Cookies & Cups