These have a long name… but they’re good, so it’s ok. These are some of my husband’s favourite bakes, which is good, because they’re so easy and quick! They have a brilliant, simple ingredient list, with the addition of oats, which add a little extra texture to hold the beautiful swirls of Nutella and peanut butter. If you’re a Nutella or peanut butter fan, you definitely have to try these!
Nutella Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
100g butter or baking spread
100g soft light brown sugar
100g self raising flour
3 tbsp Nutella or chocolate spread
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (smooth works well too, it just has a different texture!)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6 and line two baking sheets with non stick liner.
- Beat together the butter and sugar on a bowl using a hand or stand mixer until pale and well combined.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Pop your flour and oats into the mixture and combine.
- Add the Nutella and peanut butter and gently swirl through. Don’t mix completely as you want to see the lovely swirls through the cookies.
- Divide into 12 rounded portions and press down slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- See, simple! Enjoy!
Adapted from The Branded Cookbook