You probably know by now, this is one of my favourite flavour combinations, and also, I think, a little festive, perfect for this time of year! Super simple to make, these muffins are light and delightful!
Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins
175g plain flour
75g caster sugar
100g plain chocolate chunks
1.5 tsp baking powder
just under 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
pinch of salt
1 egg, beaten
1 orange – use the zest and the juice!
120ml juice from the orange and top up with milk
60g butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and line your muffin tin with 10 cases.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl – the flour, sugar, chocolate chunks, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients – egg, zest, juice & milk and melted butter and stir until combined. Don’t over mix!
- Divide your mixture between your muffin cases using an ice cream scoop. The mixture will be fairly liquidy, don’t worry! More mixture in each means bigger muffins, so go for it, if you like!
- Pop them in the oven for 18-20 minutes, or until they’re just turning golden and the tops are springy.
- Let them cool in the tin for a few minutes, then take them out and eat them, they’re delicious hot!
Adapted from The Genuine American Cookie & Muffin Book