Something a little different, but definitely one if you’re entertaining over the Christmas season… or anytime, in fact. This pudding is delightfully simple and tastes amazing – the photo really doesn’t do it justice! No specialist baking skills required, you can impress your guests with a delicious pudding that is super simple to make!
Alternatively, make it, curl up in front of a Christmas movie marathon and enjoy an indulgent treat!
Pain au Chocolat Pudding
4 pain au chocolat
300ml double cream
100g dark chocolate
3 egg yolks
2 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat your oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas mark 3.
- Cut each pain au chocolat into three pieces and pop them into an oven-proof dish, cut sides up. You want them nice and cosy, rather than spaced out.
- Pour the cream and milk into a pan and heat until just below boiling, then remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring until it melts.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar together until combined, then add your chocolate mixture and stir it all together.
- Pour the chocolate custard over the pain au chocolat, making sure you cover all the pieces, and let it soak for about ten minutes.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the custard has just set.
- No cooling time required for this one, eat hot and enjoy!
Sourced from Olive Magazine