If you like peanut cookies, these are for you. Think peanut cookies, but then take it to the next level! Full of honey roasted peanuts, peanut butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter cups, these are an intense peanutty hit that satisfies any peanut cravings! These are a ‘go hard or go home’ cookie, peanut edition!
Ultimate Peanut Cookies
180g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp (or a big pinch) salt
100g butter or baking spread
60g light brown sugar
80g granulated or caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
280g smooth peanut butter
100g (or one pack) mini peanut butter cups, chopped in half
100g honey roast peanuts, roughly chopped
50g dark chocolate chunks
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt, whisking together.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and both sugars until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and combine.
- Add the peanut butter and mix in.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on low until well combined.
- Stir in the peanuts and chocolate chunks.
- Carefully fold in the peanut butter cups with a spatula, so they don’t break up.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 45 minutes, then remove the dough to warm a little for 15 minutes.
- Turn on the oven as soon as you’ve taken the dough out of the fridge and preheat to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Line your baking sheets with paper or reusable liners.
- Divide your mixture into 12 portions using an ice cream scoop or your hands.
- Roll into balls and press down slightly to make discs.
- Bake until the edges are golden, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and cool on the sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your peanutty delights!
Adapted from Tidy Mom.