So it’s the 17th March, we’ve been teased with sunny skies and warmer weather and today we wake to snow. Again. So I’ve gone back into winter mode and found this gorgeously gooey, totally indulgent cookie bake. Get a friend and eat it straight from the oven, it’s no good cooled! The Nutella layer in the middle really makes this one special and it’s so easy, it’s hard not to make another as soon as the last one’s gone! (Believe me….)
Hot Nutella Cookie Sandwich
100g baking spread or butter
80g caster sugar
50g brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g dark chocolate chunks (75g for the batter, 25g for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Line an 8 inch circular tin with baking paper.
- Pop your butter and sugars into a bowl and beat together for a couple of minutes until they’re well combined and creamy.
- Add your egg and vanilla to the mix and combine thoroughly.
- Chuck in the flour and bicarbonate of soda and combine.
- Add 75g of your chocolate chunks – save the rest for sprinkling on top before baking.
- Divide your mixture into two equal portions.
- Take the first portion and squash it down into the tin to create your bottom layer. Make sure it’s even and nice and flat.
- Nutella time! Spread a layer of Nutella onto the cookie base, leaving a space around the edge so it doesn’t melt and escape out the sides when it’s in the oven. The layer doesn’t need to be too thick, but it’s down to personal preference!
- Take the second portion of cookie dough and pop it onto the Nutella layer. It’s best to flatten out little bits of it in your hand and place onto the cookie until the surface is covered. Press down at the edges.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chunks on top and pop into the oven for about 25 minutes, or until it’s golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly – for as long as you have patience for before you just can’t wait any longer. Then grab a spoon and enjoy!
Adapted from Sweetest Menu