Packed with chocolate chips as well as peanut butter chips and a gorgeous peanut butter swirl, these cookies are the best mix! A classic flavour combination, make sure you don’t mix the peanut butter in too much, you’re aiming for a beautiful swirl through each cookie. As always, simple to make and easy to eat a lot of!
Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
100g butter or baking spread
180g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
165g plain flour
Pinch of salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
30g cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate chunks
100g peanut butter chips
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 210°C/190°C fan/Gas Mark 6 and line your baking sheets with baking paper or reusable liner.
- Pop your butter and sugar in a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder and combine.
- Add the chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips and mix with a spoon or spatula to incorporate.
- Pop in your peanut butter and gently swirl in.
- Divide into 12 portions using an ice cream scoop to ensure they are equally sized. Make sure you’ve got a swirl of peanut butter in each scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes – definitely check after 10! I never bake mine longer than 10 minutes.
- Cool on the trays for five minutes and transfer to cooling racks.