Back to The Hummingbird Bakery again this month for the sweetest peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. These are generously sized, so if you want smaller cookies, just make the portions smaller… easy! They also spread significantly when baking, so make sure they’ve got plenty of space on the trays. They are super delicious and as always, incredibly easy to whip up a batch with store-cupboard ingredients.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 large cookies
115g butter or baking spread
100g caster sugar
100g light brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
120g crunchy peanut butter
170g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (heaped)
pinch of salt
75g dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 170°C/155°C fan/gas mark 3.5 and line two baking sheets with baking paper or reusable liner.
- Mix your butter/baking spread and both sugars with a hand or stand mixer (paddle attachment) until well combined and light in colour.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Scrape the mixture back down the sides of the bowl and add the vanilla extract and peanut butter. Mix on a slower speed until combined.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix well until it looks like a smooth dough.
- Add the chocolate chunks and mix in by hand, using a spatula.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions (or more if you want small cookies) using a trigger ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until they’re just starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for five minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
- Share and enjoy!
Adapted from The Hummingbird Bakery