I love trying new recipes for old favourites. Double chocolate chip muffins have to be a classic, crowd-pleasing bake, and this recipe is just delicious. So good eaten warm from the oven, or heated up for a few seconds so the chocolate chips melt slightly. It’s a great winter bake for a cosy evening treat.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 large muffins
1 tbsp white vinegar
180ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp instant coffee & 80ml hot water, mixed
130g caster sugar
130g light brown sugar
220g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
150g dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5 and line a muffin tin with cases.
- Mix the milk and vinegar and leave for five minutes.
- Add the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the coffee and water and add to the milk mix.
- Add both sugars and mix it all together.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa in a separate bowl.
- Add to the liquid mixture and combine.
- Pop in your chocolate chunks and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for five minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack.
- Eat warm and fresh from the oven.
Adapted from @bakingenvy.