Like eating clouds on chocolate with a biscuity base, these are so light and easy to consume more than is entirely necessary! With an easy biscuit base, ganache layer and toasted marshmallow top, these bars are super simple to make, but each layer requires a little cooling time, so they’re not that quick to prepare! A really good choice if you’re busy though, as you can do a little bit at a time.
S’mores Biscuit Bars
170g unsalted butter
100g digestive biscuits
185g plain flour
75g caster sugar
300g plain chocolate
300ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
180g mini marshmallows
- Line a 23cm x 33cm baking tin with baking paper or reusable liner.
- Pop your digestive biscuits into a food processor and blitz to a rough crumb. Tip into a separate bowl.
- Place your flour and sugar into the food processor and mix.
- Add the butter and combine until you can’t see the butter any more.
- Pop your biscuit crumbs into the mix and combine.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tin and press down with the back of a spoon or bottom of a glass.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4.
- Bake the biscuit for 30 minutes, until it has turned golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the tin.
- Start the ganache once the biscuit has cooled.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl.
- Pop the cream, vanilla and salt in a saucepan and heat until just simmering.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and leave for two minutes.
- Mix until it’s thick and glossy.
- Pour over the biscuit base and spread out so it’s even.
- Put the tin in the fridge to start setting the ganache, for 15 minutes.
- Remove and scatter over the mini marshmallows.
- Pop back in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Heat your grill to a medium/high setting and place the tin underneath until the marshmallows are toasted to your desired toastiness. Keep an eye on them as they burn quickly!
- Leave to set before cutting into chunks.
Sourced from One Tin Bakes, by Edd Kimber